Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Update Forthcoming

I see its been quite a while since my last post and its time I got back into a regular rhythm of sharing some thoughts since I left Northern Seminary at the end of June and began a "sabbatical" year to discern the next phase that God has in store for me for life and ministry.

Since June, it has been a quite eventful ride in which I have gained numerous insights about myself, as well as developing a greater sensitivity to hearing and seeing what God is saying and doing in and around my life. I think what I will be sharing in some more regular updates are some of my "Sabbatical Learnings."

In the meantime, like now, I have been active exploring a number of doors that the Lord has opened up and have not yet had to say make decisions which begin to close some of them -- however it seems I will be coming to some crossroads in the near future involving moving in one direction or another -- exploring positions in academic settings, or exploring opportunities in other areas of missionally-focused ministry. I'll have to keep you updated on that as well.

For the time being I am teaching adjunctly at both Trinity and Northern, exploring the development of a missional community in central Lake County, consulting with the Center for Parish Development, and exploring other opportunities such as a partnership with Outward Bound in relation to clergy renewal within wilderness settings, developing what a group of us have called "Catalyst" for helping shape a new generation of young people in a missional world view, as well as doing some writing and meeting with various people in mentor-type relationships. In some ways things are much busier, but also I am very much more at peace than I was a few months ago.

So watch this blog for some future updates -- I am hoping much more regularly. Thanks for being patient with me.

Roland

2 Comments:

Blogger aW said...

Nice to see you return to the blogging world. Looking forward to seeing what the Lord will do with you. When I saw you were back teaching at Trinity, I knew something was up. Now it gets interesting. God's blessings to you.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Roland G. Kuhl said...

Nice to be back. I am discovering that the only way I will write regularly is to take an hour a day to do this -- my mind is filled with tons of thoughts, but have not always had the discipline to write them down and put them out there.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home